Monday, February 28, 2011

Photo a Day for January


This was my Fun-a-Day project. Taking pictures everyday got me out of the hose when I'd otherwise hibernate, and for that I'm greatful. Plus now I'm bonded with my new camera, and have a little more insight on my default tendencies in term of framing or composing a photograph. I took almost 1000 pictures in January. To help me narrow down and decide what to display, I limited myself to only those I shot as squares. I've always wanted to play more with this format, so it was a good fast way to do that. I find myself wanting to break the rules. Cutting the square into almost four equal parts, etc. Weren't rules made to be broken?

If this work were to have a dedication, I would read something like this: Thank you, sun, source of all outer light, for helping remind me of the light that dwells within. When in doubt, mirror the good. Not a bad lesson for a dark month. And a great way to start my year.

Side note: The dinosoar is not my work. It's a super fun piece by another fun a day artist, name to come, I gotta look him up! -NMBS

No comments: